Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use (‘T&Cs’).
- We use our reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information on all pages of our website. Information is for guidance only and is not intended to form any part of a contract and can be subject to change without notice. We shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or cumulative losses or damages arising out of the use or inability to use these pages, any errors, misrepresentations or omissions on the material contained on them.
- The content of the pages of our Site is for your general information and personal use only. You must not use it for any commercial, unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, or criminal purposes, nor must you use it to suggest any form of association with or endorsement or approval by us.
- We reserve the right at any time and without notice to:
– change the content of the pages of our Site;
– withdraw or amend the services that we provide on our Site;
– restrict access to all or part of our Site;
– suspend access to or temporarily close our Site.
The exercise of any of the above rights shall be without liability.
- If you are granted access to our Site with a user code or password you must not disclose those details to anyone else and if you do so it is at your risk. We reserve the right to remove any user code or password at any time and to restrict or end your use of our Site if in our opinion you have breached any of the T&Cs.
- You agree that the material downloaded or otherwise accessed through the use of the web pages on our Site is obtained entirely at your own risk and that you will be entirely responsible for any resulting damage to software or computer systems and/or any resulting loss of data even if we have been advised of the possibility of any such damage.
- The information on our Site has been prepared with reasonable care and is believed by us to be legal, honest, decent and truthful as of the date of its preparation. We will use our best endeavours to ensure that all information including prices are accurate and up to date. We will also use our best endeavours to ensure that pictures of the pieces are as accurate as possible, but you should note that not all pictures are to scale and therefore you should ensure that you have checked any measurements and weights that we have given in the description of the piece. Images, particularly colours, are as accurate as we can achieve with photographic & internet technology.
- We do not accept any liability in connection with any third-party websites which may be linked or accessible through our Site and we do not endorse or approve the contents of any such site.
- Our Site contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these T&Cs.
- All trademarks reproduced in our Site which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on our Site.
- Except where expressly stated to the contrary the text and graphics in the information contained in our Site are the copyright of Scarab London. You may download or print out individual selections of the web pages on our Site only if explicitly used for your own personal information and not to be publicly reproduced. Permanent copying or storage of whole or part of our Site or the information contained in it or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether on paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited.
- The entire contents of our Site remain our property and are copyright with all rights reserved.
- We reserve the right to change any part of these T&Cs at any time and without prior notice. You must therefore check this page when you access our Site and you will be deemed to have done so before completing any purchase on our Site.
- In relation to a dispute arising out of our Site you the user and Scarab London agree to submit exclusively to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Alan has over 30 years’ experience in the diamond, coloured stones, jewellery and valuation business. He was the co-owner of a leading diamond laboratory based in South Africa, grading diamonds and coloured stones to the G.I.A. system. Alan is an accredited jewellery valuator of the South African Jewellery Valuators Guild and a fine and accomplished cutter of coloured stones. He designs beautiful exclusive jewellery for clients world-wide.
Sue qualified and practised as a solicitor for many years in the UK before moving to Botswana where she continued to practise as a solicitor before opening her own consultancy business specialising in labour relations. She had the very great honour of being the first female judge in Botswana when she was twice appointed on a short-term basis to the Industrial Court bench.
We believe that you should look at every piece on its merit and that quality is not just about the age of the piece or the name of the designer/manufacturer. We also believe that collecting is about buying what you like and having the confidence to go with your instinct and mix styles and periods. Most importantly it is about having fun and enjoying your purchases.
If you have anything that you would like to sell and you think that it might be of interest to us then please contact us. A picture of the item and as full a description as possible would help us enormously. If you are also looking for something in particular, then we would love to help. Join Club Scarab and make use of our exclusive Finder Service - we never know what we are going to find on our travels!